Goodyear140513   Dunlop140513   goodyearfarm  Bridgestone  rema_tiptop  teamsys_an   dalytyres17

Success on all fronts for Michelin


Michelin triumphed on all fronts in the 2013 Dakar to celebrate its official comeback to the event in the ‘cars’ category, following its last appearance – and victory – in 2001.

The domination of Michelin-shod entrants in this year’s edition demonstrates that the French manufacturer’s products are fully capable of coping with the rally’s famously gruelling nature which calls for tyres that are reliable, strong and also versatile. The Michelin Latitude C tyres in the cars class, the Bib Mousse-equipped Michelin Desert Race in the ‘motorbikes’ category and the Michelin XZL for the trucks helped competitors to come through the frequently punishing conditions and weather.

The 2013 Dakar also provided Michelin with a chance to illustrate its stands on road safety and respect for the environment. Educating South American citizens on the ten golden rules of good driving – drawn up in association with the FIA – is one of the major aspects of the company’s corporate social responsibility programme.

Furthermore, all of the tyres used by competitors during the 2013 Dakar will be re-used: 58 per cent will help in the production of energy, whilst the remaining 42 per cent are incorporated into the production of asphalt and other surface materials.